Updated: May 19, 2023
Depending on your location, you may have additional rights under relevant Data Privacy laws. For further information please see how Zscaler supports your privacy compliance efforts around the world. Any references to “Policy” include these policies.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use the Website or access the Content. By accessing or using the Website, accessing the Content or otherwise providing your information to Zscaler, you agree to this Policy.
Changes to This Policy
We may change this Policy from time to time. The date this Policy was last revised is indicated at the top of this Policy. Your use of the Website, the Content or the Products after the posting of such changes constitutes your consent to such changes. We encourage you to review our Policy whenever you use or access the Website or our Content to stay informed about our information privacy practices and the ways you can help protect your privacy.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
Information You Provide to Us
Visitors to the Website may provide certain personal information to us by completing web forms, by email, and by communicating with us by other methods. Contact information such as name, address, email address and/or phone number is typically provided when using these methods. By voluntarily providing us with this information, you represent that you are the owner of such personal information or are otherwise authorized to provide it to us.
We collect personal information when visitors to the Website sign up to receive various information or services from us, such as free trials or evaluations of the Products, white papers, demonstrations of the Products, or webinars regarding the Products.
We may also collect any personal information you provide when you:
• use interactive features of the Website,
• sign up to evaluate the Products (including using “Zscaler Security Preview” or other interactive demos),
• register through Zscaler’s deal registration portal,
• join and participate in Zscaler community, trust, and/or help forums, or
• request customer support.
We also enable visitors to the Website to contact us by email with questions, comments or requests. The information collected from these email communications is used to reply to such questions, comments or requests.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. Please consult your web browser's manual or online help tool if you want information on restricting or disabling the web browser's handling of cookies. If you disable cookies, you can still view the Website, but some features may not be available (such as offers regarding the Products).
Web beacons, tags, scripts, flash cookies, and similar technologies may be used on the Website or in email or other electronic communications we send to you. These technologies assist us in delivering cookies, counting visits to the Website, understanding usage and marketing campaign effectiveness, displaying advertising, and determining whether an email has been opened and acted upon. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by our third party service providers on an individual and aggregated basis.
We also gather certain information and store it in log files when you interact with the Website. This information includes information such as IP addresses as well as browser type, internet service provider, URLs of referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, information you search for, locale and language preferences, identification numbers associated with your devices, your mobile carrier, and system configuration information. Occasionally, we connect personal information to information gathered in our log files as necessary to improve the Website. In such a case, we would treat the combined information in accordance with this Policy.
From time to time, Zscaler may hold or host events. Zscaler may collect information provided to us by you during registration which may include contact information, travel information, credit card information, and other data that is necessary to register for such events. This information is solely used for registering for the event, participating in the event, accessing event activities, booking travel accommodations, purchasing an event ticket, and other marketing purposes. Zscaler may share your contact information with third party event sponsors, but you can opt-out during the registration process or at any time by emailing the privacy alias.
For some events, Zscaler may use third-party vendors to host an event online. These vendors may have access to your information from time to time, solely for the purposes of producing the event.
Zscaler will maintain information related to who attended the event and certain sessions for record keeping purposes. If you would like to access your information or delete your information, please contact us.
Zscaler respects your privacy, and the same applies to Zenith Community. This Privacy Statement informs you of our privacy practices and the choices you can make about the way Zscaler collects and uses information about you, including from your online activity in Zenith Community at community.zscaler.com.
We collect information directly from you when you register and interact with the Zenith Community site, and we gather data when you participate in the forum by reading, writing, and evaluating the content shared there.
We require information about your age because children under the age of 13 are not allowed to create an account or otherwise use Zenith Community. Our services are not directed to people under 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information about them. Additionally, if you are located outside the United States, you must be over the age required by the laws of your country to create an account or otherwise use Zenith Community, or we need to have obtained verifiable consent from your parent or legal guardian. Be advised that the minimum age for interacting with Zenith Community should be 16.
We may use any information we collect from you through your interaction with Zenith Community in the following ways:
• To personalize your experience. Your information helps us better respond to your individual needs.
• To improve the Zenith Community site. We continually strive to improve our site offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from its users.
• To improve customer service. Your information helps us more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
• To send periodic emails. The email address you provide may be used to send you information, notifications that you request about changes to topics or in response to your username, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions. We may also request your feedback.
• To comply with legal requirements and enforce our legal rights.
• To monitor, administer, secure and analyze use of Zenith Community.
• To increase the functionality and user-friendliness of Zenith Community.
When it comes to your information, Zscaler adheres to the principles of data minimization. You have choices about how to protect and limit the collection, use, and sharing of information about you. You also have the right to request access to or ability to port, deletion/erasure of, or correction/rectification of, your personal information, to opt out of certain advertising practices, or to withdraw consent for processing where you have previously provided consent.
If you have questions or are unable to submit a request to exercise your rights through the community’s settings, please reach out to [email protected].
How We Use Your Information
We generally use information collected on the Website or when you access the Content for the following purposes:
• to provide the Products, services, or information that you request (e.g., to respond to your questions regarding the Products or to send you a newsletter or white paper about the Products);
• to respond to your inquires;
• to process and complete transactions, and send you related information, including purchase confirmations and invoices;
• to send transactional messages, including responses to your comments, questions, and requests; provide customer service and support; and send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
• to send promotional communications, such as providing you with information about the Products, features, surveys, newsletters, offers, promotions, contests, and events; and provide other news or information about us and our partners;
• to monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Website and services, and your use of the Content, including for marketing or advertising purposes;
• to investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to our the Products, and other illegal activities;
• to personalize, the Website, the Content and the Products, including by providing features or advertisements that match your interests and preferences; and/or
• to comply with the law and to maintain the security of our Website, Content, and Products;
• for other purposes for which we obtain your consent, or for any other purpose disclosed at the time of collection.
From time to time, we may post testimonials on the Website that may contain personal information. We will obtain your consent to post your name along with your testimonial. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us.
Disclosure to Third Parties
We may have to disclose information to third parties when required by law or under the good-faith belief that such disclosure is necessary in order to:
• conform to applicable law;
• comply with a subpoena, court order, or legal process served on us;
• establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; or
• protect the property, interests, or personal safety of our agents, employees, customers or the public
Under such circumstances, we may be prohibited by law, court order or other legal process from providing notice of the disclosure, and we reserve the right to not provide such notice in our sole discretion.
We may disclose your personal information to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Zscaler's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of a bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Zscaler about our users is among the assets transferred.
We also may share your information, including personal information, with any affiliate of Zscaler for purposes of providing the Products to you.
We may share information that has been anonymized or aggregated, or any other technical information, without limitation.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Personal Information
You may access the personal information we maintain about you that is collected from the Website, correct inaccuracies in such personal information, and have such personal information deleted. You may also object to our processing of your personal information collected from the Website. Please note that you may not be able to benefit from all features of the Website if you request the deletion of your personal information or object to or withdraw your consent to such processing. If you would like to verify the personal information we have received from you or make corrections to it, you may contact us directly.
You may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us or following the unsubscribe instructions included in our marketing communications.
We may partner with ad networks and other ad serving providers (“Advertising Providers”) that serve ads on behalf of us and others on non-affiliated platforms. Some of those ads may be personalized, meaning that they are intended to be relevant to you based on information Advertising Providers collect about your use of the Website and other sites or apps over time, including information about relationships among different browsers and devices. This type of advertising is known as Interest-Based Advertising (“IBA”). We adhere to the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Principles in connection with this activity.
We use data collected from non-affiliated websites over time as well as other data described in this Policy to provide advertising on behalf of our clients that is relevant to interests inferred from this data. We may also partner with other ad companies to extend our audiences across different browsers for interest-based advertising purposes. If you would like to exercise choice regarding our collection of web viewing data from web browsers for interest-based advertising purposes please visit https://optout.aboutads.info/ and select “opt out of all”, or if located in the European Union you can click here to make choices with respect to companies integrated in the YourOnlineChoices consumer choice platform.
When you make your choices on your browser using these choice tools, we will stop collecting and using data from that browser and associated browsers for interest-based advertising on it. We will also stop using data collected from that browser on other browsers associated with it, and will stop using data collected from those associated browsers for interest-based advertising on the opted-out browser. Note that electing to opt out will not stop advertising from appearing in your browser. It may make the ads you see less relevant to your interests. In addition, note that if you use a different browser or erase cookies from your browser, you may need to renew your opt-out choice.
You may visit the DAA WebChoices tool at www.aboutads.info to learn more about IBA and how to opt out of this advertising on websites by companies participating in the DAA self-regulatory program.
Zscaler uses third-party services to improve the performance of the Website and for analytics and marketing purposes.
Zscaler has implemented reasonable and appropriate physical, administrative and technical safeguards designed to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us.